VALENTINE'S DAY SALE IS ON NOW!
UP TO 83% OFF ON VALENTINE'S DAY SALE!
To make this sauce, use tomato sauce for the liquid and add tomato paste to get that tomato flavor, along with garlic, Italian seasoning, butter, and cream. Freshly grated parmesan cheese is the finishing touch!
8 ounces uncooked pasta
2 tablespoons butter
2-3 cloves garlic minced
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 (14 fluid ounce) can tomato sauce
3/4 cup heavy/whipped cream
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Salt & pepper to taste
Freshly grated parmesan cheese for serving, to taste
1. Prepare a large pot of salted water and cook your pasta al dente according to package directions.
2. Once the pasta begins to cook, add the butter to a skillet over medium heat. Once the butter melts, add the garlic and sauté for about a minute, stirring constantly.
3. Pour in the tomato paste, tomato sauce, cream, and Italian seasoning. Stir until smooth. Cook for about 5 minutes or until it thickens to your liking (it should be very gently bubbling, so you may need to lower the heat).
4. Taste the sauce and season it with salt & pepper as needed. You can add a pinch of sugar if you feel the sauce is too acidic/tangy.
5. Using Scoopzy, drain the pasta and toss with the sauce. Add a splash of hot pasta water if the sauce gets too thick. Scoopzy is designed to serve food as well without changing tools from pot to plate! Don't forget to put plenty of parmesan cheese over top.
Making a creamy tomato pasta sauce with canned tomatoes is simple, and it's ready as your pasta finishes cooking. Perfect for those weeknights on the go!